Friday, July 9, 2010

How I learned from Mary

The lord really has shown me a lot these last few days. What I’m willing to let loose and how I’m to trust him. Coming to Brazil I knew I’d given up much, but how far am I willing to let the Lord lead and have complete control of my life and emotions? We had are own ideas of what we wanted to do and where we would go. Arriving in Sao Paulo I fell in love with the people all over again. Their passion for worshiping God and their love for each other. Praying with Ben for the lords leading we have decided to head to Iguassu instead of waiting until February. There is a school that starts in mid August called intensive missions training where you live with a Brazilian family and you go to class 3 times a week, it is run by Calvary chapel in Iguassu. We had planned on going last October but God kept us in Oregon (praise him) until now. We will be living with our Brazilian family around the time our baby is born. When I heard this I was against this idea “This is the wrong timing, what about my space, my feelings, I’ve been living with people for a month now” I had to take a  step back and pray and be alone and ask God “is this right, is this the right timing, is it your timing Lord?” I don’t know if anyone else is like me when you want answers you open your bible and expect the first thing to speak to you.:) Why do we do this? anyways I was trying to think about a woman in the bible who had gone through a similar thing. I remembered Mary I turned to Luke 1. An angel came and told Mary she would conceive a child our savior Jesus. Mary was confused and disturbed at first, “Wait I’m a virgin” she said.  I imagined what she must of been thinking. I’m about to get married what will people think of me, what about my future, my family will dishonor me, The timing is all wrong Lord cant you wait till I’m married at least. She then said these words I don’t now how long  it took her to say  this “I am the lords servant, and I am willing to accept whatever he wants” It seems to me it took a matter of seconds. I started praying for her same obedience and her trust in the Lord even though it wasn’t the best timing in our eyes. Why should I worry, why should I not trust him to give me the best. I prayed Lord I’m your servant, and am willing to accept whatever you want. God’s peace swept over me(I love that feeling) He is so amazing he knows what we need even when we don’t:)  I hope this encourages someone else going through similar things. Sometimes the Lord takes us through things we don’t understand or we feel like its the worst possible timing. God will show you and lead you.

3 comments:

  1. I continue to be impressed by the way God moves in your family. He is so good to you! To all of us! We will be praying for a smooth transition time and a comfortable place to live when your little girl arrives! What an amazing opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful the way that God moved in your heart - and He will continue to do so with each step that He is asking you to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so encouraging to read about how faithfully God is moving you and the rest of the fam through these difficult trials. I am praying for your family that He would continue to give you strength during a time of so much change and needing to be strong for others as well. I love you guys and pray that He would bless your language acquisition skills as well as immersion into the Brazilian culture =). (p.s. i love being able to keep up with you guys by reading your blog entries...thank you for allowing me to be a part of your ministry)

    ReplyDelete