Saturday, June 19, 2010

Painful goodbyes and a long road trip

Sorry it’s taken a few days to write a post. Its been an emotional week or our family. Saying goodbye to friends and family in Oregon was harder than I thought it was going to be. It truly is hard to leave but reading Matthew 19;29 '”And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life”. My favorite part is Everlasting life. Thinking on these words reminds me not only will I be in heaven forever with Christ but with my family and friends I’m leaving behind. And going on to share this Great news, Jesus Christ with others who will also be with me forever in heaven:)

So we packed our van Tuesday with everything we own and headed out. We arrived in Yellowstone for a mini vacation  with Ben’s sister Jody. We arrived Wednesday and it was very cold so camping was out of the question. It ended up snowing, so we got a hotel room. Think you Lord for providing the money for our room. God’s beauty is all over Yellowstone From the animals to the mountains and waterfalls. We had a great time but I was very anxious to get to Kansas. We left that night and headed to Kansas. We had a very nice long drive thru Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa and then eventually Kansas City. We are here visiting my family. My sister is pregnant and due any day now. Then we fly out to Brazil on the first of July. I’m excited To see what God’s plan is for our family in Brazil. Thank you for praying and supporting us. As long as we have internet we will post.

trip 043

trip 053 trip 069  trip 085

2 comments:

  1. Loved seeing the photos -- flip-flops in the snow! I'm glad you're having a good time so far. We'll keep praying for safe travels for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the adventure has begun! Ya, you probably won't be needing the flip flops for a while!!! Wish we were there to greet you when you arrive but know that you are still in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete