Monday, June 14, 2010

My Lords compassion

I truly have the best kids in the world. We have been so busy these last few weeks preparing to leave, from selling stuff to saying goodbyes.Tonight as I was putting the kids to bed emotion swept over me. These children have given up so much I thought. Juliah her dog, Moriah her best friend, Daniel his boyhood from climbing trees in Oregon to getting lost in the massive crowds in Sao Paulo. I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. I wanted to hold them close and be a protective mother. Instead I prayed for strength and tucked them in offering them words of encouragement and one last prayer. I turned off there lights and I fell on my  bed" Lord" I prayed "Why is this so hard? Is this right?". God's wonderful peace swept over me as I prayed for strength again. I found myself reading Mathew 14. the story goes  Jesus was with a huge crowd of people and the disciple's wanted to turn them away to get food and leave them alone. But Jesus filled with compassion for all these hurting and sick and hungry people said "They need not go away, Feed them". I then kept finding more and more verses with Jesus having compassion. So much compassion for the hurting and lost that he set aside all his needs just to be with them a little longer. My heart sank "Lord I prayed give me this heart of yours" to love the lost and hurting so much more than my comfort. Help me to trust my kids into your hands father, you love them more then I could ever even imagine to......I know this is gonna be hard I may not show it but I feel it.  After all Christ gave up so much for us just to be with us.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FxaUYjRtkc

3 comments:

  1. The rush of the same emotions came back to me....again. For I had gone through all of those again this past month as we got ready to leave the states again. However, we are in Brazil again, and although there are hard days (and I am really battling with missing my family and friends more this year than last) I am also feeling so blessed. "I can't believe that we get to do this" I'll say to Warren. And it is just that - a privilege. I'll say it again - you are in the hardest part now, You'll see, God has amazing things planned!!!!! We're praying for you during this hard time. And, Melissa, it's okay to cry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "He is no fool to give up what he cannot keep in exchange for that which he cannot lose". There still are many times that I look back longing for the life we had, but in my heart I know that this is such a great honor that God would use us in this way. We are praying for you and we hope to see in Brazil sometime. Warren

    ReplyDelete